Monday, September 12, 2011

New Member Spotlight: Cara Salling

Cara Salling
GSC Architects

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I work at GSC Architects, and while my job title changes depending on who you ask, some of my ever-evolving responsibilities include: supporting our CEO, marketing, developing business connections, handling public relations, playing Webmaster, scheduling, coordinating social events, and much, much more. I am proud to have been a part of this company for over 5 years.

GSC Architects is a full service Architecture and Interior Design firm formed in Austin in 1978. We are more than just designers; we elevate our clients’ vision of success by designing built environments to cultivate community.

Where is your hometown?  Where did you go to school?
Austin is my hometown, but I decided I needed a change of pace so I went to school at Texas A&M University. I also studied abroad for a year in England and a semester in Spain while earning my degree in Communication. After graduating, there was only one place in Texas I knew I could call home and so I returned to Austin.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
Free time? What is that? Just kidding! Work keeps me fairly busy, but I do love to get out and about in this great city. You’re most likely to run into me: (literally) on the trail around Ladybird/Town Lake sometimes with my puppies in tow; find me out at happy hour, because it never ceases to amaze me how many incredible restaurants/bars there are in this city; or volunteering for one of my favorite philanthropic organizations, Big Brothers Big Sisters.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
While I have participated in a few SMPS events over the past five years, I officially became a member just earlier this summer.

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
I hope to spend more time working with other marketing professionals in my industry on a more personal level. Instead of just putting together proposals via email and phone conversations, I’d like to actually sit down face to face and talk about issues that we all face in our daily efforts to help promote our companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment