Monday, January 31, 2011

New Member Spotlight: Christina Bennett

Christina Bennett
SAM, Inc.

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I am the Marketing/Communications Coordinator at Surveying And Mapping, Inc. (SAM, Inc.), a geospatial services firm that provides complete land surveying, mobile and airborne LiDAR, photogrammetry, GIS, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), and utility coordination services. SAM, Inc. was established in 1994, and has grown to be one of the largest geospatial firms in the southwest. We leverage the latest technology to deliver precision mapping projects for electric energy, oil & gas, rail, transportation and infrastructure across the US and Canada.

In my role as Marketing/Communications Coordinator, I am responsible for coordinating the communications strategy to support the internal and external image of the firm. Ongoing duties include design and updating of company website, brochures and collateral material, event planning for corporate events and tradeshows, mailings and e-blasts, press releases, and special projects for C-Level management.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
Believe it or not, I am a native Austinite, and have lived here my whole life. I grew up in Pflugerville, and then went to UT Austin. I graduated in 2002 with a degree in Design from the School of Fine Arts, and kind of stumbled into a marketing role after my college internship with a small landscape architecture and planning firm in Round Rock.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
 I am an avid reader, love to go camping and work on my never ending list of home improvement projects. I still paint, screen print, and make books in my (very limited) spare time.

What is your favorite thing about Austin?
The people!

What do you expect to get out of your SMPS membership?
The opportunity to network and share best-practices (or horror stories), and continue to learning as much as I can about the marketing profession and the A/E/C industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment