Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Member Spotlight: Sara Wells

Sara Wells
Coleman & Associates

1. Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I’ve been the Marketing Coordinator at Coleman & Associates for 4 years. Coleman & Associates was founded in 1987 and is now one of the leading landscape architecture firms in central Texas, servicing public and private projects all over Texas from offices in Austin and San Antonio. Coleman & Associates offers an award-winning portfolio of work, true principal involvement in each project from start to finish, valuable vendor relationships, and unparalleled expertise in constructability, construction cost knowledge, and sustainable landscape design.

2. Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
I grew up in Sugar Land, TX (a suburb of Houston). I attended Texas State University and majored in Communication Design, graduating in 2006. I immediately moved to Austin, and started working for Coleman & Associates shortly thereafter.

3. What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I have been a life-time lover of art, design, and dance. I dance 3 days a week (ballet, swing dance, and tap), and I won’t stop until my legs no longer work! My degree is in graphic design, and I do freelance design in my spare time. I’m also on the board of the Austin chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design. I also enjoy making and viewing art, but these days, it’s been mainly viewing. Invite me to a contemporary art opening, and I’m there!

4. What is your favorite thing about Austin?
The culture – the people and the places. I love how Austinites embrace small businesses over chains, value sustainability, take their dogs everywhere, dress casual, and flock to the greenbelt on a nice day. Compared to many cities I’ve visited, Austinites seem freer and more in tune with what’s important. I also love the array of quaint restaurants, wine bars, family-run stores, and quirky novelty shops. Keep Austin Weird!

5. What do you expect to get out of your SMPS membership?
Networking and information. Through SMPS, I’ve garnered symbiotic relationships with fellow marketers, strengthened relationships with existing clients, and gained exposure to potential clients. Since my degree is in design not marketing, SMPS’s informational lunches and webinars are very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment