Monday, January 21, 2013

New Member Spotlight: Jennifer C. Salladay


Jennifer C. Salladay
K Friese & Associates

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I work as a Marketing Manager with K Friese & Associates. K Friese offers civil engineering services to public agency clients with a special emphasis on water/wastewater, transportation, drainage, aviation and water supply projects. Founded in 2003, K Friese is registered as a Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) with the City of Austin and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) with the state of Texas.

Where is your hometown?  Where did you go to school?
I grew up in The Woodlands, Texas and got to Austin just as quickly as I could. I attended Baylor University, where I earned my BBA in Marketing, and then attended The University of Texas at Austin to achieve a Master of Arts in Advertising.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I have too many hobbies and creative outlets for the little time I have. I own a business on the side with my husband offering marketing design, corporate video production, and wedding videography services, and when I’m not doing that, I can be found sewing up a storm or playing baritone saxophone in a band. I’m also in the process of starting another company on Etsy crafting bridal accessories and event décor. I’m a busy girl who thinks hobbies are the spice of life and a source of great inspiration.
  
What prompted you to join SMPS Austin? 
After taking off a year to pursue technology marketing, I’m returning to my profession in the A/E/C space and the industries / community I love. I thoroughly enjoy the networking opportunities and valuable resources available only through SMPS. Being an SMPS member keeps me more in touch with the issues affecting Austin and the opinion leaders affecting change in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment