Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Member Spotlight: Karen Lacey

Karen Lacey
JQ

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief description of company.

I am the marketing and business development contact in JQ’s Austin office.

Jaster-Quintanilla (JQ) is a multi-office firm providing structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and facility assessments throughout Texas and the southern United States. The firm has earned a reputation as an active member of the design team, providing innovative solutions responsive to the project design, schedule and budgetary constraints. More than 27 years of consistent performance has brought JQ to the forefront of engineering design.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
I am from Houston and went to college at Clemson University, Washington University in St. Louis for grad school.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I just moved to Austin a month ago so I’m loving exploring a new town and all Austin has to offer. I enjoy running, yoga, and trying any new cuisine, restaurant or foodie event.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
Only a few weeks!

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
I hope to strengthen my marketing and business development abilities by learning from SMPS seminars, speakers and members. I’m very excited to be a part of the local design community in Austin and to get to know past, present and potential clients.

1 comment: