Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Member Spotlight: Martha Quinton

Martha Quinton

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief description of company.

Though I am actively networking and looking for an open marketing/pr position at an architecture firm in Austin, currently I work for the University of Texas. I am an Administrative Assistant in the Returned Checks section of Student Accounts Receivable. The majority of my job is customer service, with the posting and collecting of returned checks.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
I am from Lampasas, TX. I pursued an architecture degree at Texas Tech University and received a degree in public relations.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I enjoy anything where people are involved – including reading at coffee shops, chatting, walking my dog, playing tennis, boxing, traveling, etc. I also enjoy the solitude and restfulness of putting a puzzle together, painting and reading at home.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
I have been a member for almost 14 days.

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
Since I am brand new, the initial benefit I see is the opportunity to network and get involved with others who work in the A/E/C field.

No comments:

Post a Comment