Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Member Spotlight: Nalini Chandran

Nalini Chandran
KPFF Consulting Engineers

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief description of company.
I work for KPFF Consulting Engineers, which is a civil and structural engineering firm. KPFF has over 15 offices throughout the US and we recently started our office in Austin. I am an Associate/Civil Engineer with KPFF and moved from Portland, OR to Austin this summer. I will be leading our Austin office with a focus on federal projects, design/build, healthcare and education.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
My hometown is Beaverton, OR and I went to school at the University of Washington, Seattle.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family (we have a 20 month old daughter), swimming (I’m a member of the local Masters Swim Team), gardening, and reading.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
This is my first time joining SMPS.

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
Meeting new people in a new city and also learning more about what are the current and future projects going on in the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment