Monday, April 9, 2012

New Member Spotlight: Kristi Johnston

Kristi Johnston
Freese and Nichols, Inc.

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
Freese and Nichols, Inc.
Central Region Marketing Coordinator (based in Austin, TX)

Freese and Nichols, Inc. (FNI) is a Texas-based multi-discipline consulting firm that offers services in engineering, architecture, environmental science, planning, construction services, and program management. Founded in 1894, FNI has been involved with major public projects across the state; in fact, flying at 10,000 feet from El Paso to Texarkana, one is never out of sight of one of the firm's projects. FNI has 500 employees in offices across the state. FNI is the first and only engineering and architecture firm to be named a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the highest national honor for performance excellence.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
Pittsburgh, PA. Slippery Rock University.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I’m part nerd/part rock star in my free time. When I’m not singing in my rock and soul band, I’m happiest reading (a Dickens fanatic), gardening, cooking, watching old Hollywood and BBC stuff, or spoiling my unruly, 95-lb. Pit Bull mix puppy. I also love volunteering for Family Eldercare and Meals-on-Wheels.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
A new member (March 2012)

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
Opportunities for learning, to help me better serve my company, and networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment