Monday, April 23, 2012

New Member Spotlight: Terri Underhill

Terri Underhill
Rogers-O'Brien Construction

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I work for Rogers-O’Brien Construction as Client Relations/Diversity Manager. Established in 1969, Rogers-O’Brien is a commercial contractor specializing in the construction of major healthcare facilities, mixed-use developments, office buildings, worship facilities, public works, education and industrial projects.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
I was born and raised in Austin, Texas. I went to S.F. Austin High School, and also attended Durham-Nixon-Clay Business College, Austin Community College, and hold a certification from Morgan State University.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I play violin in the Bastrop Orchestra, my husband is a drummer in the Austin rock scene, and I am, of course, a live music enthusiast.

I am also current Vice President of the Austin chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), and am on the Construction Advisory Panel with Crockett High School’s Construction Technology Program.

How long have you been a member of SMPS?
About one week.

What do you see as the benefits of your experience with the SMPS?
Opening the doors to additional networking and educational opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment