Monday, May 20, 2013

New Member Spotlight: Linda Simpson, MPA, CPSM

Linda Simpson, MPA, CPSM
White Construction

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
Executive Assistant at White Construction. Assist the Owner/CEO and the Vice President of Pre-Construction in a variety of functions including marketing and business development.

White Construction Company, Austin, TX is an award-winning commercial contractor with over forty-one years of construction expertise in a wide variety of industries. Projects of note include Austin’s new Federal Courthouse, Dell Computer Headquarters, National Instruments and Whole Foods Markets.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
Abilene, TX

McMurry University, Abilene, TX – Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Oklahoma – Master of Public Administration

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
Travel, reading, cycling, movies, and most importantly time with my family now that I am back “home” in Austin! I also spend a lot of my free time thinking about my work…which I love.

What prompted you to join SMPS Austin?
I joined SMPS several years ago when I was Marketing and Business Development Director for an Architectural firm. I joined to take advantage of professional development and networking opportunities… which have been great. I gained my CPSM certification early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment