Monday, May 20, 2013

New Member Spotlight: Nicole Gilbert

Where do you work and what’s your position? Brief Description of company.
I work at Page Southerland Page, LLP as a Marketing Assistant.

With roots extending back to a two-person partnership formed in 1898 in Austin, Texas, today PageSoutherlandPage is a major architecture and engineering firm with 425 employees. We have projects located throughout the United States, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe. PSP is recognized for its design of facilities to support healthcare, science and technology development and manufacturing, as well as its public, education, corporate and urban housing design capabilities.

Where is your hometown? Where did you go to school?
I was born and raised in Austin, Texas and went to Austin High School - a true Austinite! In 2007, I earned my BA in Journalism at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
In my spare time I am usually with my husband or friends and you can see me going to a concert, the dog park, the movies, the lake, the greenbelt, working out, yoga, or working on our house.

What promped you to join SMPS Austin?
I began working in the A/E/C business a little over three years ago in Houston, Texas and I was working for a marketing consultant group. We just moved to Austin about 6 months ago and that’s when I started working at PSP as a marketing assistant. I don’t’ know that many people in this field in Austin, so I knew that joining SMPS would help me get to know others. Also, it’s a great opportunity for networking and the educational resources are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment